How to solve Huawei & ZTE USB modem error 608 – Have you faced error 608 for your Huawei or ZTE modem anytime. Error 608 occurs when your computer does not recognise or detect your USB modem. There may be various reasons for error 608 e.g faulty, corrupt or outdated driver for your USB modem. Updating or re-installing these drivers will fix the issue and you can get your dongle back in serviceable state.
Step by step guide to resolve or correct error 608 :
1. Click on ‘Start’ menu, right click on ‘Computer’ or ‘My Computer’ or This PC (depending on the version of Windows you’re using) and select ‘Manage’.
2. Now select ‘Device Manager’ from the left of the ‘Computer Management’ window.
3. Under ‘Network adapters’ check if there is a red X (cross) next to any of the Huawei drivers. If so, right click and choose ‘Enable’.
4. In the ‘Device Manager’ check if any of the icons have an exclamation mark (!) next to them. If they do, this means that the drivers are not installed properly. Right click on any Huawei drivers with an exclamation mark next to them and choose ‘Update Driver Software…’ if it’s available. If not select ‘Properties’ then go to the ‘Driver’ tab at the top and select ‘Update Driver…’.
5. To update the driver, you have to first identify where the driver is installed. To do this choose ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and click on the ‘Browse’ button.
6. Make sure to tick the ‘Include subfolders’ check box.
7. Once you have selected the correct location, click ‘Next’ to install the most recent version of the driver of your modem.
8. Once the driver is installed click ‘Finish’ button.
Now exclamation mark (!) in device manager will be no more and you can enjoy internet without any error.