How to solve error 680 in Huawei and ZTE modem ? – I had previously written article “How to solve Huawei & ZTE USB modem error 608“, “How to Correct error 633 in Huawei Dongle and ZTE Modem“, “How to solve error 631 in Huawei modem and ZTE dongle“. Today, I am going to describe error 680 in detail. Error 680 may be occurred in Huawei dongle because of Weak Signal or it may also that you have dialed the modem before the it get ready. So, close the software of modem or Huawei mobile partner or ZTE modem connection and again start it. Wait a few seconds to get the modem ready and then connect to internet.
If you’re using a USB modem on a Windows computer and you are getting error message 680 ‘There is no dial tone’ while trying to connect to the internet, it usually means that the wrong modem is being used to try and establish the connection.
To solve the issue , follow some easy steps :
1. Click on start menu and go to control panel.
2. Now open Network and Internet.
3. Click Network and Sharing Center and click on Change Adapter Settings.
4. Right-click on the dial-up connection that’s being used and go to Properties.
5. Under the Connect using dialogue check that the correct modem is being used (i.e. Airtel, Aircel, Idea, Vodafone Mobile Broadband, Huawei mobile partner etc).
6. With the correct modem selected, try connecting to the internet again.