BSNL evdo modem is configured as non-ruim by default. But, it can work as ruim also. You just need to enable the ruim feature in your modem and you have done it.
ruim stand for removable user identity module
Steps to Unlock BSNL EVDO ZTE AC8700 Modem Free :
- First you need to download the CDMA Workshop tool (you can get from the link which is provided at the end of the article. (Disable you antivirus till your modem is unlocked)
- Now find out the com port on which your modem is connected.
Note : Right click on Computer and go to manage > Device Manager >Ports (COM&LPT)
HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Application Interface (COM[X]) …X is port no. Just note it.
- Now install and run the CDMA workshop tool
- Now set the COM port of your BSNL EVDO ZTE AC 8700 modem which you have noted down.
- Now click on connect to connect your modem to com port and wait for a while till it gets connected.
- After the bsnl evdo zte ac8700 modem is connected select the security tab and select spc. Input 000000 in the box and click spc and click send.
- Now its will show a message as spc accepted.
- Now go to other tab and in the ruim section, select ruim only and click on the send button. This step will make your non ruim bsnl evdo zte ac8700 to ruim.
- Now your BSNL EVDO ZTE AC8700 Modem has been successfully unlocked forever free of cost.