Like various other models of Huawei modems, E 173 U-2 Nigeria of 86 series IMEI Modem can be unlocked with the help of firmware and unlock code. Airtel Huawei E173U-2 comes with 86 series IMEI and its firmware version is 11.126.16.04.00 and compile date is 28 May 2011 and also Hardware Version is CD1E153M. Huawei E173U-2 modem dashboard version is UTPS21.005.15.07.408_MAC21.005.15.06.408 and another Dashboard version : UTPS21.005.22.04.408_MAC21.005.22.04.408. If you are a owner of Airtel Huawei E173U-2 with firmware version of 11.126.16.04.00 or 11.126.29.01.408 then why not you unlock it to use any other network provider sim.
Step by step guide to unlock Airtel Huawei E173U-2 modem of Nigeria free :
- First download the required software from the link which is provided the end of the article.
- Now run the Universal Modem Unlocker software
- Put your IMEI in Huawei tab and note down the flash code for your modem.
- Now disconnect the internet and close the dashboard / connection manager / software of the modem.
- Now run the firmware and put flash code as password when firmware asks.
- Now wait till the process gets finished.
- After successfully flashed your modem disconnect from computer / laptop and then change the sim.
- Now again connect your modem to computer and let it run the dashboard.
- Now its will ask you the unlock code.
- Don’t try the unlock code of Universal Modem Unlocker software.
- Purchase new algo unlock code for your modem and put it as unlock code.
- Now your modem is fully unlocked forever.
Update : Some modems after updating the firmware does not prompt for unlock code. Those users can use huawei code writer tool.
Note : If above firmware fails the flash the modem then download E173Update to resolve unlock issue_11.126.29.00.408.B416.exe to upgrade the airtel nigeria modem firmware. It will work 100%.